Best of 2007!
Ok, ok, so we know how popular it is to do an end of the year break-down of all the major events and favorite things that went on in the preceding year. So…. on that note….. Food City Bytes presents to you our Inaugural Annual Best of 2007!!! (whoa, what a mouthful) And what better way to celebrate it than by announcing our favorites on the 15th day anniversary of the new year?!
Without further ado, we present to you, the Best of 2007 Dishes:
(1) Grilling in Cape Cod!:
IMG_5253, originally uploaded by Brockenbrough Photos.
(2) Lobster and littleneck clam bake!:
On a whim during a late summer stay in Cape Cod, a group of us decided to buy live lobsters, littlenecks, potatoes and corn. One of the most satisfying meals I’ve had all year. Here are the littlenecks:
This was the first time I’d ever tried littleneck clams that everyone raves about. Since we bought them extraordinarily fresh, they were delicious! Definitely would make them again.
(3) Winner for the unique category, Shrimp and Watermelon Salad!:
(4) And of course, who can forget the teary eyed RiverFest 2007 where we dined on Virginia blue crabs!:
This picture deserves some explanation: it was the truck into which all the debris from a 500+ people crab eating festival were placed. I ended up eating crabs far longer than anyone else around me… Aimee switched after a scant sampling of crabmeat to the southern fried-chicken and ribs type fair they also offered. The whole event was a benefit for the Rappahanock River down in Virginia.
(4) Scallop and asparagus risotto at Jane Restaurant…ok well the entire Jane Restaurant experience!:
(5) Blue Hill at Stone Barns!!!:
(6) My lasagna with Bechemel sauce started on a whim at 10pm due to the outdoor band blarring next door!!!:
(7) Corn with mayo-lime-parm-paprika topping!!! A surprise hit!!!:
(8) And for the Best Brunch entry of 2007…. Its Tavern on Dean!!!:
(9) And last, but not least… for the Best Pizza entry of 2007… Its, Di Fara Pizza out in Midwood, Brooklyn!!!: